Thursday, May 15, 2008

6 months, 1 move, 2 teeth and finally some food

There has been a lot going on these past couple of months and I realized that I have not been on here in awhile with anything but pictures and video. It's funny how the more Lily blossoms the less time I have to do, well, anything really. I guess it's not so much funny as it is the reality of having a baby.

She continues to be such a good baby, although she does cry more now than she used to, but that will happen when you don't sleep 16 hours a day. Back at the end of March we saw her first tooth come in after a week of so much snot coming out of her head I was afraid she was going to drown. After the first 2 nights I read somewhere that putting a rolled up towel under the head of her mattress would help with the run off and it certainly did.

About a week after her first tooth came in Jesse discovered the jagged edge of the second one popping through. I can tell you that my heart was in my mouth every time I fed her for that first week, but so far the biting has been minimal and everything is still attached to my body so I am quite relieved. She sure is cute with the two little chompers but I haven't figured out how to get a picture of them yet. She is more of a closed mouth smiler with a glimmer in her eyes.

We also bought a house and Lily finally has her own room and doesn't have to live in the den that we had to walk through each night to get to our own bedroom. The new house is beautiful and bright and Lily is loving motoring around her new surroundings. We have also inherited a beautiful front garden and back yard so there will be a lot of time spent out doors this summer.

Lily started dragging herself around on her belly about a month ago and quickly discovered that using the bottoms of her feet to push her along worked much better. She gets up on all fours but hasn't quite figured out how to work all four limbs together, heaven help me when she does because she has a lot more space to get around in now. She is pulling herself up to standing in her crib, a frightful discovery one morning while Jesse was getting her dressed. We had not dropped the mattress at that point and she was towering over the rail.

Just this past weekend we started feeding her solids. After years of making light of my Mother's all natural (and I mean seriously natural, I'm not sure if I even knew one could buy packaged foods at a grocery store until I started going over to friends houses in elementary school) approach to our upbringing I am chagrined to say that I purchased a wholesome organic brown rice cereal to start Lily "on the right path". Now if only her Father and I could follow along. Anyway, she loves it and I can't wait to start with the veggies and fruit, which of course I am planning on making all myself, I've got my food mill all ready to go and I'm thinking sweet potatoes to start.

So here are a couple of pictures of more recent times, I am working on getting some video of the crawling, but for now just getting a couple of boxes unpacked and out of our way each day is all I can really manage.




















One of the last days at the old house with one of her favourite toys - 'lid'















Big smiles even with only a 3 foot square pad to play on, now she has more space than she knows what to do with.



















Who wouldn't love a big round thing you can sit in and have a toy to play with at every turn.



















Bath time in the kitchen sink?? Part of the new fun things in the big house.



















What have you prepared for me tonight Mumsy?















Yep I'm standing, now who's looking down on who?















Sorry I got ahead of myself before, please please please let me out, I have some crawling to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those cheeks!

So proud of herself standing in the crib...she looks so much like you Suz at that age! Grandma B and Grampa Dave