Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Lily at 5 months

I am surprised that our sweet little babe has made it to 5 months as her Father and I threaten to eat her up every day. She is just so darn cute, I mean over the top, we can barely stand it cute!!

She prefers to be sitting most of the time these days. She started showing interest in sitting up several weeks ago by doing mini crunches every time she was laid out on her back. She has gotten so good at it that she sits completely unsupported for 1/2 an hour at a time, she could probably go longer but then I wouldn't get in my daily quota of hugs and kisses, I believe we're up to about a thousand. She enjoys being able to grab her toys and playing in her little playland so that if she goes down it's a soft landing.

She also received a wonderful gift from Johanna - the baby einstein discovery centre (or the 'ring of neglect' as one of the mommies in my mommy group has named all of the exersaucer type appartus). Anyway she loves it and it is nice for her to be able to stand and spin to whatever has piqued her interest. It is really nice for me when it gets to dinner time and I need to be free to get things going in the kitchen.

It is still hit and miss with napping, on the good days it's really really good and on the bad days there might be a tear or two shed by both Lily and myself. All in all though we have more good days than bad. We are out and about so much these days that it is inevitable that she will get a nap or two in each day either in the car or in the stroller.

I started going to some ass kicking cardio turbo fit baby and me class, I am tired of having only 2 pairs of pants that fit me! Lily loves this class, she can't take her eyes off the instructor and if she gets a little fussy and I need to incorporate her into the workout she squeals with delight. On the one hand I like it when she gets a bit fussy because I get a bit of breather gathering her up, but then she weighs more than the free weights. However I am so glad it has worked out, it feels good to be getting back in shape.

Here are some delightfully sweet pictures of our girl:



I like frogs and hunny


oh and ducks!


What's behind there, perhaps something I could put in my mouth?


Yeah I'm pretty cute, or at least that's what I've been told


The beginnings of an excellent self-portraiter


First bathing suit from Gramma B, I can't wait to get in the pool, and the lake this summer.


Yeah I can do up my own shoes


Umm, Mom? Can we talk? I do like the shoes, but they're just a little too big, patience please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still feeling her delicious hugs and Lily kisses from Tuesday. Boy this summer is going to be lots of fun isn't it? Not to mention moving into your new house with all that space for Lily to tear around. Watch out Leo, here she comes! Gramma B